Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not directed towards you!

This is just a rant, not directed towards anyone in particular but just a rant in general.

This Saturday is my final recital with Artistic Dance Centre because the studio is closing after this year. This Saturday marks my final recital possibly for a LONG time. I invite soooooo many people to come to see, not just me but the entire thing because I think it would be amazing to have a sold out show to end with a bang. And Yes, I'd love to hear them cheering for me knowing they support me...of course. But NO ONE is going. My parents and Scott.

Don't get me wrong, I love having them in the audience and the fact that my parents come down from CT every year specifically to see this recital, it means a lot. But some of my friends down here, some of my LIFE down here, i'd love them to see exactly what I do and what I talk about and rant about and complain about all year.

Also, in the friend department, whenever I invite CT friends to MD or visa versa, these respective trips never come to fruition and leave me driving 7 hours by myself. I think that the only time my two worlds will EVER meet will be at my wedding and even then, lets face it....if I get married in MD, how many of my "friends" from CT will come down. I know a few that definitely will. One specifically whom i've been friends with for 10 years will defnitely come down because she is just that great of a friend....but any others....yeah right.....

Roles reversed, if I get married in CT....how many MD people will drive up? I could just see the whole "I'll bum a ride with you when you go up" I went from having no friends down here...to finally getting some...and hanging out with them so often.....to now, just having scott again. I miss CT so much....but will only go back if Scott gets a job up there....

Ok rant over.....didnt exactly make me feel better but I needed to vent this to someone, anyone other than Scott, again. Poor guy.

1 comment:

  1. Well anytime you need to vent, and Scott's tired of listening, you know my number. And you better know I would TOTES go to CT with you...with enough warning so I can get coverage at work. And you BETTER know I'd be with you at thre recital if I hadn't taken off this past weekend. Can't do two Saturdays in a row. And of COURSE I'd go to see you dance, I mean, I watched that whole damn trippy Alice thingee with you, and watching you would be TONS more interesting than that!

    BUt don't be a stranger! If funds are limited, I can come over and hang out (and maybe grab a pizza on the way?) Don't want Maggie to forget what I smell like and have to go through making friends again! :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete